Fashion's Night Out transformed Georgetown into a Fashion Playground on Thursday, September 6, 2012, 6-11pm!
From a pop-up disco outdoor dance floor to a stylish shopper's lounge, to designer trunk shows and community red carpets where everyone can be a star, the 2012 FNO Georgetown offered over 100 ways to shop, play, celebrate style...and get your groove on! Check out FNO Georgetown's 2012 fashionable festivities.
- Pre-FNO Clothing Drive – Folks were invited to clean out their closet and make way for fall and their FNO purchases! On the two weekends before Sept. 6th, BrightestYoungThings and Goodwill DC hosted a clothing drive with drop-off locations at FLOR (1037 33rd St, NW), Hitched (1523 Wisconsin Ave, NW), CUSP (3030 M St, NW), and Duo (1624 Wisconsin Ave, NW). Thank you to all who donated much needed goods!
- Everyone's a Star – On FNO Georgetown, everyone was a star! Attendees walked the red carpet, striked a pose and got their picture taken at four FNO Georgetown red carpet locations - Cady's Alley (between 33rd and 34th on M St), 30th & M Street (SunTrust Bank), Wisconsin & M Street (Banana Republic) and at the Dean & DeLuca/ BrightestYoungThings Lounge on M Street. Red carpets designed by FLOR! First 350 to strike a pose at one of the four red carpet locations received a free FNO surprise gift.
- vitaminwater zero Pop-Up Disco – Get your groove on at the outdoor vitaminwater zero Pop-Up Disco outdoor dance floor with rotating DJ sets by Fatback at the PNC Bank lot (M & Wisconsin Ave.). In between fashion events, take a break, let your hair down, and chill or shake your booty.
- BYT Lounge Takeover – BrightestYoungThings brought a slice of their ever-creative fun to the Dean & DeLuca patio lounge (3276 M St) from 7:30-11pm, fresh with ESL Music and Fatback DJs spinning all night.
- Signature FNO Cocktails – A party isn't complete without cocktails - shoppers sipped and sampled signature, and fashion-worthy, FNO cocktails at participating restaurants, like Bandolero's The Devil Wears Prada and Morton's The Steakhouse's Black Tie Cocktail, and enjoyed $1 sliders at Clyde's.
- Shop and Ride – Luxury car service UBER got attendees to Fashion's Night Out Georgetown in style! Attendees who were new to UBER got $15 off their first ride. Once you arrived in Georgetown, free (and stylish) pedicab rides cruised shoppers around Georgetown when they showed a receipt from any purchase at a participating Georgetown merchant during FNO.
- Shop for a Cause – $15 signature FNO Georgetown t-shirt and tanks, and $10 tote bags were sold at the Dean & DeLuca/BYT Lounge and select stores. 100% of proceeds benefit Vital Voices Global Partnership, a DC-based charity that identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.(Proceeds are not tax-deductible)
- 100 Stars – The real stars of Fashion's Night Out were the stores, restaurants and salons who hosted fun, creative events throughout the neighborhood. In-store events ranged from a DC Scout styling + shopping party at CUSP, complimentary facials at Kiehl's, an Instagram Style contest at BCBG Georgetown, blowouts + a lipstick bar with Nectar Skin Bar and IPSA Hair Salon and more!
Georgetown's Fashion's Night Out is was hosted by a special committee of DC's most style-savvy media professionals, stylists and personalities. The host committee generously gave their time and support to the event, and we enjoyed toasting with them in Georgetown at our 3rd Annual Fashion's Night Out Georgetown! The Host Committee.
Labels For Love
The Washington Post
DC Style Examiner
94.7 FRESH FM
T.H.E Artist Agency
The Pink Line Project
Hot 99.5 FM
Fashion Group Int’l DC/
The Aba Agency